Thursday, April 8, 2010

Starbucks, Housing and U-turns.

My friends...it has finally happened!

I have secured a place to live.  I will send out my address once I have moved in just to make sure no mail goes there ahead of me.  The process was challenging no doubt, but where I ended up seems to be the right place.  Its an apartment on Brodie Lane; a main N/S drag through South Austin.  I am surrounded by shopping and you can see one Starbucks from another.  Heaven.  ;)

The team is currently gearing up for our first Launch Team Meeting which happens in T-minus 3 hours and counting.  We have been so encouraged by the the meetings so far and can't wait to see what God is going to do over the next 5 months before we launch.

I am beginning to acclimate to the weather down here.  I say that now and I'll probably have heat-stroke in the middle of Spring, but I would like to think that I am beginning to adjust.  I am still so engaged by the clashing of cultures down here.  Its a difficult thing to explain and one that I am desperately trying to understand.  The move into my apartment at the end of the month should help me dive in a bit and understand Austinites better.

One of the strangest things to get used to is the absurd amount of U-turn lanes in this city.  You think you're turning left, and before you know it your going back the way you came.  A strange little idiosyncrasy that I am beginning to enjoy...simply because I can drive around in circles (literally). 

I miss you all, and I am sorry that blogging isn't my primary strength.  I'm not even sure if anyone reads this!  haha.  I will try to be more faithful to update at least once a week.

Be blessed and stay in the Word.

L

1 comment:

  1. Hey Landon, so it's been a while since you posted here- hope you're still doing well.

    Woo-hoo for places to live!! Check out mine, I'm not there yet, but working on it- http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2030427&id=157000447&l=d1d5457011

    ReplyDelete