The book of Isaiah has been on my heart lately and I believe Isaiah 61 describes the purpose of what we, as the church in general, are being called to.
1THE SPIRIT of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed and qualified me to preach the Gospel of good tidings to the meek, the poor, and afflicted; He has sent me to bind up and heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the [physical and spiritual] captives and the opening of the prison and of the eyes to those who are bound,(A)
2To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord [the year of His favor] [a]and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn,(B)
3To grant [consolation and joy] to those who mourn in Zion--to give them an ornament (a garland or diadem) of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, the garment [expressive] of praise instead of a heavy, burdened, and failing spirit--that they may be called oaks of righteousness [lofty, strong, and magnificent, distinguished for uprightness, justice, and right standing with God], the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.
I believe with all that I am that God is going to do something in the hearts of the people of Austin. Every day I get closer to moving, my heart breaks a little more for the people that we will be ministering to. It is my hearts desire to see Austin stand as an "Oak of Righteousness".
I would ask you to be praying for the people of Austin:
- That their hearts would become soft to the calling of the Lord
- That they would be prospered in their families and jobs
- That their relationships would grow strong and that they would be able to experience community
- That the Lord would provide us with influence to speak into the lives of His people
- That provision would come for everyone involved as we move
- That we would be able to develop a strong sense of community between us
- That dissension would have no place in the work we will be doing
I am so excited and blessed to have all of you praying for us and to have some of you supporting us financially. I look forward to updating you often on the work that the Lord is doing in Austin.
L

No comments:
Post a Comment