Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I'm Back

It is from the same Starbucks, on the same street, at the same time of day, sitting in the same chair with the same beverage that I write you my next update!

This trip has already been wonderful.  It was super dumb trying to get here though as the Austin Airport ran out of de-icing fluid.  Why in the WOLRD would AUSTIN of all places run out of fluid that takes ice off of planes and runways.  Something just doesn't add up.

So Spero and I arrived to our hotel sometime around 7 PM...12 hours after we had left our houses.  We went out and grabbed dinner at an amazing sports bar called "Tully's" and then proceeded back to the hotel to grab some sleep.

This morning found me starting my day at Mozart's Coffee shop; a modest little place sitting right on the river.








I then decided to take my incredibly indecent pair of flip flops for a nice long walk...around 10 miles.  I trekked across the city (literally) and my ventures landed me back here.  Starbucks is a safe haven for people everywhere.  Its like a CIA safe house or PETA for neglected critters.  (Insert sarcastic political comments here)

So after 5 blisters and several cuts, I have decided that Austin is beginning to feel like home.  Although I have to laugh at how many strange looks I'm getting today for wearing a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops in 50 degree weather.  I have seen no more than 2 people today without a long-sleeved shirt or coat and everyone is complaining about how cold it is.  The ornery part of me wants to stand up and start asking, "Is it hot in here?  Can you turn up the AC?"

I feel like I'm beginning to understand the layout of the city and getting a better feel for the people also.  I can't wait to move down here in a little over 2 weeks!  We have our interest meeting tomorrow night on the 17th floor of the Hyatt Regency which overlooks the city lake.  Its going to be a beautiful view.  It seems I have left my camera cable at home, but I will upload pictures as soon as I can.

I love you all!  Be blessed.

L

No comments:

Post a Comment