Well good morning world, and hello Austin.
I arrived here safe and sound Tuesday afternoon and its been great. I met all manner of weather on my trip down; snow, sleet, fog, rain, sun, wind...some beyond the ambit of what I would have expected my southern course to provide.
I spent the night in Lubbock on Monday with Jim and Radene Fuller. Their house is a perfect half way point between The Springs and Austin. I believe the term "southern hospitality" was birthed at their house. There can't be many other people as generous as them. I got a hearty night sleep and was on my way again bright and early the next morning.
"So what is your course of action now that you have arrived in your new city?" you might ask. Let me take you on a journey to explain the answer.
Yesterday, I searched for a place to live. Today, I am searching for a place to live. Tomorrow, however, I will be (yes indeed)...searching for a place to live.
I have been so blessed to have Tony and Carrie Black open their home to me for a brief time while I search for other living quarters. They have been awesome to get to know and have provided me much sound wisdom about Austin.
There is so much to take in and so much to accomplish. I am pleased that my waiting period is over and that I am now able to dig my feet in and get my hands dirty. What will the next years hold? My hope: whole-hearted abandon for a city who's time is yet to come.
"Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt every situation that you believe to be the will of God." ~ Jim Elliot
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment